Friday, January 9, 2009

There goes December...

My dear Readers,

I apologize for missing an entire month! A lot of nice things happened since I last updated, including a visit from Dane, an adventure with a paper bunny, and Christmas at home. All three made me realize how wonderfully comfortable I've become in Germany and at the same time, how much I miss loved ones. Distance can be hard.

Here's one from Strasbourg. Dane and I didn't get a single picture together! But we did see some really neat stuff in Strasbourg, including the first snow of the season (huge, fluffy flakes) and all the gorgeous Christmas decorations. This is me in front of the cathedral:

Dane and I also admired the inside, both its apse and Astrological clock (yes, I mean Astrological and not Astronomical... it has all the sun signs on it!):


Also, as part of a 2nd-grade class project, I received a laminated paper bunny (hand-colored by a little Michigander). The bunny was named Felix and, like the gnome in Amelie, I showed him around Heidelberg and took some glamor shots. Here are some highlights:
First, a famous statue of Mary in Heidelberg:

Christmas market nativity display!

Christmas at home was great (I don't have any pictures, sadly), but I did have a foretaste of Christmas morning on December 6th here in Germany. "St. Nikolaus" (my awesome housemate Tobe) left a shoe-full of goodies outside my door, as is German tradition for Dec 6th, St. Nick's day. See!


Happy New Year, everyone! I hope it is full of time well-spent with family and friends.
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: